70% Funding Towards Skills for Economic Growth

Skills for Economic Growth

The new Essex County Council Programme that provides training grants of up to £2,000 to help Essex business to grow.

To be eligible, the applicant business must currently be trading and be based within political Essex (within Essex boundaries and excluding Southend and Thurrock unitary areas and London boroughs) and must be trading under one of the following sectors.

Advanced Manufacturing & Electronics
Construction
Creative
Financial Services
Life Sciences
Low Carbon & Renewable Energy
Offshore Energy & Oil and Gas
Technology
Transport & Logistics

You can pick the training activity and provider that will give your business the skills it needs to grow. For example, funding can be used to provide you or your employees with new skills in management, marketing, design, sales, financial or technical areas, and many more.

Essex County Council contributes 70% of the training cost and you just need to contribute the remaining 30% (plus any VAT that may be due).

If you have any other questions about the programme please contact the Skills for Economic Growth team at skillsgrowth@essex.gov.uk or on 01245 435387. We aim to respond to all questions within one working day of receipt. Alternatively click here